I’m the writer with a mathematical muse. Comfortable in a high demand environment. Thrive as a remote worker. I speak data and analytics.
Portland State University
Beauty of Mathematics
May 2018 – Present
The Social Element
June 2016 – Present
Director of Community
January 2013 – December 2017
January 2009 – Present
- Grew TSR Facebook page from 1,000 to 4,000 fans in a year.
- Used content curation to create a positive and family-friendly community at TSR.
- A volunteer at CMX Summit NYC.
- Employed as an Engagement Specialist at The Social Element for three years.
- Conducted email outreach to build community for Beauty of Mathematics.
Content Marketing & SEO Copywriting
- Reached 100,000 page views for content on Google News using SEO keywords and trending topics.
- Used SEO copywriting to achieve a first page Google rank for “drug sniffing dogs” for a client.
- Set editorial calendar for ArCompany blog.
- Used Google Analytics data to chart growth and performance of ArCompany website & blog.
- Work Published by The Synapse on Medium.
- Used Caddy to setup WordPress with SSL certificate on a VPS running Ubuntu.
- WordPress installation, security, backups and restore.
- Well versed in server security like installing a firewall, using keys to login, and creating a sudo user banning root login.
- Have used the starter theme _S (Underscores) to build my own personal WordPress themes.
- Name in print on the inside of Gygax Magazine.
- Visiting Trinity College Cambridge and reading G.H. Hardy’s personal papers.
- Attending and volunteering at Science Talk 2019.
- Designing multiple bookmarks and selling them on Etsy.
- Acceptance to Portland State University for fall 2019